Instant Ice Cream In A Bag! Make your own homemade ice cream in just 15 minutes. No fancy equipment needed, just a few simple ingredients and two plastic bags.
If you’re looking a fun food experiment to do with the kids at home then why not try this Ice Cream In A Bag recipe.
This is the easiest recipe ever with no fancy equipment needed. Just two large ziplock bags, the ingredients for the ice cream and some salt and ice.
It also counts as a science experiment too. The salt reduces the freezing temperature of the ice making it cold enough to freeze the cream and milk.
The first step is to add the ice cream ingredients – double cream, milk, sugar and vanilla to one of the ziplock bags.
Push the air out and seal it shut.
Next you will need lots of ice and salt.
Add those to the second ziplock bag and move the ice around to spread the salt.
Place the bag with the ice cream ingredients into the bag with the ice. Seal the bag shut and then move it around for about 12 minutes until the ice cream freezes.
The ice will start to melt. That’s totally normal! But you will notice that its very cold. This is because the salt reduces the freezing temperature of the ice, effectively making it even colder and freezing the ingredients to make ice cream!
After about 12 minutes you will have delicious homemade ice cream that’s the texture of soft serve. If you prefer it harder then just continue to move it around in the bag for another few minutes.
If you try my recipe please tag me in your photos on Facebook and Instagram. It’s so lovely to see all your pictures and videos!
How To Make Ice Cream In A Bag
Instant Ice Cream In A Bag! No fancy equipment needed; just a few simple ingredients and two plastic sandwich bags!
- 300ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 700g ice cubes
- 5 tbsp salt
- 2 large zip lock bags
- Add the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla to one ziplock bag and mix with a spoon.
- Push out any air from the bag and seal shut.
- Add the ice and salt to the second bag and mix around.
- Put the ice cream bag into the bag with the ice, push the air out and seal shut.
- Move the ice cream bag around the ice for about 12 minutes until the ice cream starts to harden.
- After about 12 minutes it will be the consistency of soft serve. If you prefer you ice cream harder then continue to freeze it within the bag for a few more minutes.
- Serve and eat straight away.
This recipe will make enough for 4 servings of ice cream.
It’s best to eat this ice cream straight away. If you store it in the freezer it will be very hard and difficult to eat. You’ll need to defrost slightly to eat.
Leave a Reply